The Aboriginal Sports Circle NWT's Dog Mushing Support Program provides funding to help offset the cost of Dog Mushing competitions that directly have an impact on youth in the Northwest Territories.
The purpose of this funding is to assist organizations in getting youth involved in Dog Mushing. We aim to provide support for organizations to give youth an everlasting positive experience through Dog Mushing.
Who is eligible for the Dog Mushing Support Program?
To be eligible for funding:
- Must apply as an NWT based organization or group
- Must be 19 years or older to apply
- Event must take place in the NWT
How to apply:
- Click here for online application form and cost break down
Click here below to access a printable PDF
- Incomplete applications will be rejected as ineligible for funding
- Printable PDF applications can be sent to email@example.com or by fax 867-669-7857
When is the deadline to apply?
ASCNWT will accept on-going applications from September 1st 2018 – March 31st 2019. Allow 30 days to process the application. Funds will be issued directly to the organization that applies for the grant. No personal cheques will be written.
Dog Mushing Grant Guidelines
- It is important that the event incorpoates youth
- Each application will be consdiered for maximum funding amount of $2500.00
- Races funded by ASCNWT must take place in the Northwest Territories by April 2019
- This funding is available to provide opportunities and positive experiences for youth
- All successful appplicants will be required to submit a cost break down after their event. Failure to do so may effect your chances for another grant from ASCNWT
What can I use the funding for?
- Dog mushing race/event that incorpoates youth
- Money cannot be distributed as cash prizes
- Funding can be used to help offset the cost of Dog Mushing event
ASCNWT will give priority to:
- Races that directly involve youth
- Races that involve a large number of individuals (ie. community event, Dog Mushing Championships, etc.)
- Races that enhance awareness about Dog Mushing traditions
- Races that encourage youth to pursue Dog Mushing
- Races that will take place at carnivals, jamborees and championships
- Organizations that are willing to share photos of their race/event on social media and tag ASCNWT
ASCNWT will NOT Support:
- Incomplete Applications
- Funding request for new equipment
- Businesses that will receive financial gain from the event
- Applications from non-residents or non-NWT based organizations
For more information:
Shawna McLeod, Traditional Games Manager
4908 - 49th Street
Yellowknife, NT X1A2A9