Congratulations to the selected Mission Staff for NAIG 2017!
|Shawna McLeod||Yellowknife||Chef de Mission|
|Damon Crossman||Yellowknife||Asst. Chef de Mission|
|Derek Squirrel||Yellowknife||Asst. Chef de Mission|
|Mary Catholique||Lutsel K'e||Badminton/Swimming|
|Lorraine McDonald||Hay River||Rifle Shooting/Volleyball|
MISSION STAFF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate/Attend any planning meetings
- Assist with equipment or other sorting, shipping and processing
At Games Responsibilities
- Ensure that all “logistical details” for your designated sport(s)/assignments are sufficiently in place so that athletes and team officials can concentrate on their competition and experience at the Games.
- Attend daily Mission Staff meetings
- Support all NWT teams by attending competitions.
- Preform mission deck duty as assigned.
- Assist coaches and managers with administrative details and communicate to them all matters related to Games’ policies and procedures
- Assist coach/manager with protest procedures if required.
- Participate in disciplinary procedures where required.
- Communicate all Team NWT functions to assigned sport on a daily basis (receptions, awards, etc.)
- Handle any emergency situations arising.
- Chaperone/supervise athletes’ social.
- Participate in room checks at the Athletes’ Village.
- Assist with travel.
- Marshal athletes during Opening/Closing Ceremonies
- Respond to requests in a timely manner.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Chef de Mission.
- Attend a wrap-up meeting or conference call for evaluation.
- Submit or voice recommendations.
- Follow up on any matters with the sport resulting from the Games
- Complete duties assigned by Chef de Mission
For more information please contact our office:
Shawna Mcleod - Chef de Mission 2017 NAIG