NWTRPA IS HIRING
Active Communities Coordinator (term position)
The NWT Recreation and Parks Association (NWTRPA) is seeking an energetic, motivated and highly organized individual for the position of Active Communities Coordinator. This is a term position until June 30, 2021 with a possibility of extension based on funding.
The NWTRPA is a non-profit organization that promotes recreation by supporting leaders, communities, and partners through training, advocacy, and networking. We envision a territory where everyone has the access to recreation programs and spaces that foster healthy families, strong cultures, and vibrant communities
The Active Communities Coordinator will assist the Active Communities Director to develop, manage and lead the delivery of the Active Communities program and services. The Active Communities strategic goal is that more NWT residents of all ages are able to choose active ways of living because of improvements in the accessibility, diversity, and quality of community-based recreation programs. This work will include: organizing Walk to Tuk; Generations on the Move; Get Active, June is Recreation and Parks Month; and the Awards program.
We are seeking a great person with the following experiences and skillset:
- Education and/or experience in Recreation/Leisure Studies, Physical Education, Kinesiology, Indigenous Studies, Marketing or a related discipline.
- Training and certifications, or equivalent, in the following areas: first aid.
- Experience in recreation or active living/communities programming positions. Experience in delivery of social and public communication plans and/or campaigns. Experience in the administration of budgets.
- Proficient with computer programs.
- Ability to network with government, business, and non-profit agencies.Strongly self-motivated.
- Very well organized.
- Excellent communication skills.
The incumbent must also complete a satisfactory criminal record check as a condition of their hire. Please forward resume, cover letter and references by October 8, 2020 at 4:00 pm to: