Canada 55+ Games
Kamloops, August 25th - 28th, 2020
The Canada 55+ Games are a National multi-sport event, organized by the Canadian Seniors' Games Association and held every two years, open to Canadians 55 years and over.
The Games take place over 3 or 4 days, allowing participants to socialize and meet other seniors from across Canada. Opening Ceremonies, BBQs, cultural events, closing banquet featuring local talent are popular with participants.
To be eligible to participate on Team NT, you need to become a member in the NWT 55+ Games Association. Membership fees are currently $5.00/ year.
- Expression of Interest: Complete and return your form (step 2 below) by February 14th. This allows time for any necessary playdowns. It is still possible to join the team after this date, provided that there are spots available in your chosen event and age group.
- Registration: Official registration forms will be available for completion once participants' eligibility has been established. There may be a need for playdowns at this stage.
- Registration Fees: $130 plus 12% tax, which is paid at the time of registration. A team fee of $150 is payable for ice hockey, curling and Slo-Pitch. Golf partcipants pay a fee of $150 for green fees and power cart.
- 8-Ball Pool
- 5-Pin Bowling
- Contract and Duplicate Bridge
- Floor Shuffleboard
- Ice Hockey (men's and women's)
- Track & Field
- Carpet Bowling
- Lawn Bowls
- 5K run
- 10K run
- Dragon Boat Racing
- Mountain Bike (Cross Country)
- Cycling (including Hill Climb)
Visit the following links to find out more information on the Games, or Team NT: