ASCNWT is currently accepting applications for upcoming vacancies within our Board of Directors. Interested applicants should have a passion for sport, recreation and culture and its development in the NWT.
Deh Cho Director
Applicants must reside in the Deh Cho Region of the NT as defined by ASCNWT bylaws.
Term: 3 years
Director at Large
Any resident of the NT can apply for this position.
Term: 3 Years
Applicants must reside in the NT and be between 15-25 years of age.
Term: 3 Years
ASCNWT board of directors is a volunteer position. The Board meets by teleconference 6-8 times a year and then twice a year for a two-day face to face meeting, usually in November and Spring/Summer. Board members will be asked to join certain committees or working groups that will require additional conference calls and volunteer work. Aside from meetings, board members can take part in other activities to support the organization.
- Applicants must be residents of the NWT
- Applicants must be of indigenous ancestry as defined by the Aboriginal Sports Circle National body
- Previous volunteer experience considered an asset
- Experience in sport, recreation and cultural activities is considered an asset
- Experience with finance, board governance, policy and non-profit groups is considered an asset
- Ability to meet the time commitments of regularly attending board meetings
For more information or if you have any questions, call (855) 669-3334 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: November 1st, 2020.
All interested applicants are invited to submit a statement of interest along with resume outlining and experience/education that could be an asset to the Executive Director, Aaron Wells.