ASCNWT is currently accepting applications for upcoming vacancies within our Board of Directors. Interested applicants should have a passion for sport, recreation and culture and its development in the NWT.
Beaufort Delta Director – Applicants must reside in the Beaufort Delta Region of the NWT as defined by ASCNWT bylaws.
Term: 3 years starting November 9th, 2019.
Sahtu Director – Applicants must reside in the Sahtu Region of the NWT as defined by ASCNWT bylaws.
Term: 3 Years starting November 9th, 2019.
ASCNWT board of directors is a volunteer position. The Board meets by teleconference 6-8 times a year and then twice a year for a two-day face to face meeting, usually in November and Spring/Summer. Board members will be asked to join certain committees or working groups that will require additional conference calls and volunteer work. Aside from meetings, board members can take part in other activities to support the organization.
- Applicants must be residents of the NWT
- Applicants must be of indigenous ancestry as defined by the Aboriginal Sports Circle National body
- Previous volunteer experience considered an asset
- Experience in sport, recreation and cultural activities is considered an asset
- Experience with finance, board governance, policy and non-profit groups is considered an asset
- Ability to meet the time commitments of regularly attending board meetings
To apply please forward a statement of interest along with resume outlining any experience/education that could be an asset to the organization by October 9th, 2019.
Please contact the Executive Director to apply or for more information.