The Aboriginal Apprentice Coach Program provides the opportunity for each province and territory to send 2 coaches of aboriginal ancestry to the Canada Games in apprenticeship roles.
Objectives of the AACP
- Build coaching capacity within aboriginal communities;
- Provide aboriginal apprentice coaches with domestic multi-sport games exposure;
- Provide aboriginal apprentice coaches with professional development and learning opportunities to prepare them for high level coaching and ensure an increase in their level of NCCP ion to a minimum of Competition – Development, Trained. (Apprentices complete training within 12 months following the Games);
- Expose aboriginal apprentice coaches to elite/high performance coaches; and
- Ensure aboriginal apprentice coaches are prepared to handle a meaningful role during the Canada Games experience.
2019 Canada Winter Games - Red Deer, AB
- Program Guidelines, 2019 Games
- Distribution of Program Application. To express interest for the 2019 Games, click here.
- Application Due Date: October 31, 2017
- Coaches Selected: December 1, 2017
- 1st PD Session: February - April 2018
- 2nd PD Session and Conference: November 2018, Petro-Canada Sport Leadership sportif conference
- 2019 Canada Games: February 2019
For more information: http://www.coach.ca/aboriginal-coaching-appreticeship-program