We are now accepting 3D Archery Coaching Applications for the 2020 National Aboriginal Indigenous Games!
Deadline: September 1st, 2019
We will be looking for 1 Male and 1 Female Coach.
The NAIG 3-D Archery Competition will consist of both male and female individual events for 16U (born 2004 & later) and 19U (born 2001 & later).
In the following Equipment Divisions:
Coaching Requirments for 3D Archery
Please note that you do not need to complete the following courses in order to submit an application.
Canada - NCCP Requirements (All Coaches must have the following coaching certification. If not, please contact Carson Roche for more details)
- Instruction Stream - Instructor of Beginner Archers Trained
Coaching Requirments for ALL NAIG Coaches
In addition to the sport-specific requirements as outlined in the Sport Technical Package all coaches must have the following courses completed to be eligible for the NAIG 2020 Games.
- Aboriginal Coaching Modules (ACM) - 7 hours - In-person classroom course - https://www.coach.ca/aboriginal-coaching-modules-p158240
- Please contact Beth Hudson for more information. firstname.lastname@example.org or 867.669.8383
- Make Ethical Decisions Module - 4 hours - In-person classroom course, or Homestudy - https://coach.ca/make-ethical-decisions-med--s16834
- Make Ethical Decisions Online Evaluation - 1 hour - Online Evaluation - https://coach.ca/-p156128
- Respect in Sport. Activity Leader Program - 2 hours - Online - http://respectgroupinc.com/respect-in-sport/#activity-leaders-program
- Making Headway in Sport - 1.5 hours - Online - https://www.coach.ca/-p153487
To be eligible for consideration, we ask that coaches submit:
- Cover Letter
- Coaching Certifications (Current or Upcoming)
- Criminal Record Check & Vulnerable Sector Check (Updated within a year of the tournament dates)
- Proof of Indigenous Ancestry** (First Nations (status/non-status), Métis, and/or Inuit)
**Non-Indigenous Coaches will be considered if we do not receive enough applications from Indigenous Coaches, or if not enough Indigenous Coaches meet the eligibility requirements. Be aware that we will need to apply to the NAHC board for approval for any Non-Indigenous Team Staff.
If you have any questions or concerns, or you would prefer to submit all of the above documents via fax or e-mail, please contact:
Carson Roche. Archery NT. 867-669-8385. email@example.com