Indigenous Communities: Active For Life
The Indigenous Communities: Active for Life resource and accompanying full-day workshop were created with guidance from Indigenous leaders throughout the country, with the purpose of inspiring community leaders looking for culturally tailored resources that act as a vehicle toward individual and community holistic development.
The resource and workshop supports these individual champions as they embark on a journey to develop sustainable quality sport and physical activity programs, build collaborative relationships, and re-engage their community members into active and healthy lifestyles.
Upon completion of the workshop, participants will have:
- Ideas on how to create quality experiences in their sport, physical activity, and recreation programs
- An understanding of physical literacy, which is the development of movement skills, confidence, and motivation to be active for life
- Tools, resources, and action plans to further support their delivery of quality sport and physical activity programs in their community
- Ideas to support their participants’ physical, mental, spiritual, and cultural needs
- A certificate of workshop completion and 3 National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) Professional Development (PD) points (if applicable).
For more information about this course, please click here
If you are interested in becoming a Learning Facilitator in the NWT, please contact our Leadership Development Coordinator: