To go directly to the application form CLICK HERE
The purpose of the ASCNWT Scholarship is to provide financial assistance to indigenous NWT students who are pursuing a post-secondary education related to sport, recreation, culture or specifically surrounding Indigenous people.
To be eligible to receive an ASCNWT scholarship an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Must be an Indigenous NWT resident.
- Applicants must be going into the second year or later of post-secondary studies and be in good standing with their educational institute.
- Preference will be given, but is not limited, to students who are pursuing an education in the following fields:
- Physical Education
- Sport Administration
- Business-related to or a minor in Sport/Recreation
- Indigenous Studies
- Education surrounded around bettering the lives of Indigenous people
Recipients and Payment
Successful applicants will receive a one-time payment ranging upwards of two-thousand dollars ($2000.00). ASCNWT’s scholarship committee will evaluate the applicants and reward a minimum of one and a maximum of 5 scholarships by October 15th of each calendar year. Payments will be made to successful applicants in November of each calendar year.
Applicants must provide the following by September 30th of each calendar year:
- Application - Click here for online application
- Personal Information
- Post-Secondary Information
- Volunteer Experience
- Sport/Recreation or Cultural Involvement
- An essay, outlining why you are pursuing your education and how you plan on improving the lives of Indigenous people once completed your education.
- A copy of your official post-secondary transcript from the previous school year.
- 2 letters of reference.
For more information, or to request a printable PDF application contact Carson Roche