The ASCNWT is interested in helping to build partnerships with Territorial Sports Organizations (TSO's) and communities to enhance the number of trained and confident Indigenous coaches in the North.
The Indigenous Coaching Development Program (ICDP) has been designed to help Territorial Sport Organizations fund, mentor, identify, and develop Indigenous coaches from communities across the NWT.
If you are a Territorial Sport Organization looking for assistance with:
(1) funding to help offer training or workshops,
(2) identify, recruit, and support Indigenous coaches from communities, or to
(3) provide mentorship opportunities for Indigenous coaches,
contact our office so that we can help!
Examples of Funding Opportunities:
- Funding to run coaching workshops, including sport-specific and multi-sport trainings, that are inclusive to the unique needs of Indigenous community coaches and their development.
- Travel costs to attend coaching workshops or professional development opportunities both within and outside of the NWT.
- Funding to cover the costs and logistics of creating mentorship coaching opportunities for Indigenous coaches to gain experience in their sport; these could include attendance at major games, such as NAIG or Arctic Winter Games, roles with Team NT, or the opportunity to spend some time with experienced coaches while they run practices/games with their respective teams.
- Funding to support and develop Indigenous coaches from the NWT through a variety of opportunities that the ASCNWT and TSO agree would be meaningful for the coach(es) to attend.
The ASCNWT will endeavour to provide whatever funds are necessary, but approval will be determined based on the strength of the application and funds available. TSO's are encouraged to apply as soon as an opportunity arises.
TSO's may contact us directly to apply or to discuss potential opportunities.
Click here: TSO APPLICATION FORM
If you are an Individual who is interested in connecting with the ASCNWT or TSO of your choice, get in touch and we will help identify what you need and how to get you connected.
Please contact our Leadership Development Coordinator, Beth Hudson, at email@example.com or 867-669-8383 for more information!!