The Aboriginal Sports Circle NWT Community Canoe Development Pathway Program provides grants to help offset the cost of competition style canoe races for communities in the Northwest Territories.
The purpose of this funding is to assist organizations in undertaking Sprint and Marathon Style Canoe Races, and to provide support for the development and growth of athletes to pursue Canoe Racing. This funding may also be used to host major Canoe competitions or Canoe Championships in the NWT.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR THE COMMUNITY CANOE PROGRAM?
To be eligible for funding:
- Must apply as an NWT based organization or group
- Must be 19 years or older to apply
- Event must take place in the NWT
HOW TO APPLY:
- Click Here for online application form
- Incomplete applications will be rejected as ineligible for funding
- To request a printable PDF application, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (867) 669-8346
WHEN IS THE DEADLINE TO APPLY?
ASCNWT will accept on-going applications during summer/fall 2019. Allow 15 days to process the application. Funds will be issued directly to the organization that applies for the grant. No personal cheques will be written.
- It is important that the event incorporates youth
- Each application will be consdiered for maximum funding amount of $2500.00
- Races funded by ASCNWT must take place in the Northwest Territories in summer/fall 2019
- This funding is available to provide opportunities and positive experiences for youth
- All successful appplicants will be required to submit a cost break down after their event. Failure to do so may effect your chances for another grant from ASCNWT
WHAT CAN I USE THE FUNDING FOR?
- Canoe race/event that incorpoates youth
- Money cannot be distributed as cash prizes
- Funding can be used to help offset the cost of Canoe race/event
ASCNWT will give priority to:
- Races that directly involve youth
- Races that involve a large number of individuals (ie. community event, Canoe Days, etc.)
- Races that enhance awareness about Canoeing traditions
- Races that encourage youth to pursue Canoe Racing
- Races that will take place at carnivals, jamborees and championships
- Organizations that are willing to share photos of their race/event on social media and tag ASCNWT
ASCNWT will NOT Support:
- Incomplete Applications
- Funding request for new equipment
- Funding for monetary prizes
- Businesses that will receive financial gain from the event
- Applications from non-residents or non-NWT based organizations
- Events taking place outside the NWT
For more information, or to request a printable PDF application contact Jordee Reid