Who is eligible to apply for the Community Development Program?
ASCNWT accepts applications from recreation leaders, volunteers, community champions, Territorial Sport Organizations (TSO) and Individuals based in the Northwest Territories (NWT)
We DO NOT accept applications from;
- For profit initiatives or projects for personal gain;
- Individuals, Communities or Organizations from outside of NWT;
- Political or partisans’ initiatives
What kind of projects receive support from the Community Development Program?
ASCNWT is committed to supporting Sport, Recreation and Cultural Projects that meet local priorities and goals. We want you to be able to create and implement projects that make sense to your community, TSO or members. The criteria is broad, placing a few limitations on eligible projects or application process.
ASCNWT funds projects that benefit the community or supports a collective of youth. We prioritize projects that:
- Enhance community capacity
- Are sustainable
- Connects community members to their culture and traditions
- Supports Sport and Recreation
- Gets community members active
- Certifies Community Coaches
ASCNWT has supported several unique initiatives that have been pushed forward by the communities in the NWT. They include:
- Purchasing of Sport Equipment for their community
- Assisting with funding for TSOs to conduct Regional Tours for their respective sport
- Helping a TSO with getting into a community to further develop athletes
- Supporting initiatives that support the growth of Northern Games and Dene Games
- Coaching Certification
Want to apply? Click the "APPLY" tab in the drop down menu above.