Individual Child Grants
Removing Financial Barriers
Sometimes, families need financial assistance to get their kids into a sport or physical activity. We're committed to helping all families access a range of activities, from boxing to bowling and skating to skiing, and more.
To be eligible for funding for one or more children, families must first meet specific financial criteria as per Revenue Canada’s Low-Income Cut-Offs (LICO) chart.
- Children must fall between the ages of 4 - 18 years old.
- Funding is allocated to sustained programs that involve a sport or physical activity.
- Programs should be a minimum of five weeks in duration and include at least one session per week. In the case of sports camps, the program must last at least five consecutive days for consideration.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the program's start date
- Applications must include proof of financial need. A clear, legible, and current copy of pages 1 and 2 of your Canada Child Benefit (Statement) will be required as proof of need.
- Under exceptional circumstances (e.g., recent immigrants to Canada, individuals fleeing spousal abuse, etc.) alternative confirmation of eligibility will be accepted on a case-by-case basis.
- Funding is up to $300 per activity, subject to Chapter discretion and/or local demands.
- Children can be funded for successive seasons in an activity, up to a maximum of $300 per activity
- The annual maximum amount a child is eligible to receive is up to $600, subject to Chapter discretion and/or local demands.
- Cheques are made payable to the service organization, identified as the “payee” in the application. A payee can be a local hockey association, gymnastics club, etc., that coordinates the sports or physical activity on behalf of the qualifying youth/child.
- All approvals will be determined by the local Jumpstart Chapter and designated Canadian Tire Jumpstart Regional Manager, and are subject to local demands and Chapter budgets.
- The Individual Child grant application opens in January and closes when the funds have been depleted for the year.
Before you Apply:
Before you start your application, please have the following ready:
- Your contact information (name, postal code, telephone number, and email address)
- The first name, last name, gender, and date of birth of your child
- The details of the sport or physical activity in which your child would like to participate including program dates, the name of the program and proof of programming
- The amount that you are requesting from Jumpstart
- The name of the non-profit/charity/service organization (payee) running the sport or physical activity program
- Proof of financial need; a clear, legible, and current copy of pages 1 and 2 of your Canada Child Benefit (Statement) will be required as proof of need