INDIVIDUAL CHILD GRANTS
Removing Financial Barriers
Sometimes, families need financial assistance to get their kids into a sport or physical activity. We're committed to helping all families access a range of activities, from boxing to bowling and skating to skiing, and more!
Whether you don't have access to internet or a computer, OR don't know where to begin in the application, OR don't know whether or not you're eligible, ASCNWT is here to assist!
- We can help you fill out your application
- We can provide a letter of endorsement if you don't fall under the (LICO) chart (but still prove to need financial assistance)
Families should meet specific financial criteria as per Revenue Canada’s Low-Income Cut-Offs (LICO) chart. (If you do not fall under this criteria, but still prove to need financial assistance, we can vouch for you!)
- Children must fall between the ages of 4 - 18 years old.
- Programs should be a minimum of five weeks in duration and include at least one session per week. In the case of sports camps, the program must last at least five consecutive days for consideration.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the program's start date
- Applications must include proof of financial need
- Funding is up to $300 per activity
- Children can be funded for successive seasons in an activity, up to a maximum of $300 per activity
- The annual maximum amount a child is eligible to receive is up to $600
Before you Apply:
Before you start your application, please have the following ready:
- Your contact information (name, postal code, telephone number, and email address)
- The first name, last name, gender, and date of birth of your child
- The details of the sport or physical activity in which your child would like to participate including program dates, the name of the program and proof of programming
- The amount that you are requesting from Jumpstart
- The name of the non-profit/charity/service organization (payee) running the sport or physical activity program
- Proof of financial need; a clear, legible, and current copy of pages 1 and 2 of your Canada Child Benefit (Statement) will be required as proof of need