The Aboriginal Sports Circle NWT (ASCNWT) is a non-profit organization and a member of the Aboriginal Sports Circle national body. The organization develops community wellness through sport, recreation and cultural activities.
ASCNWT is currently accepting applications for an upcoming vacancy within our Board of Directors. Interested applicants should have a passion for sport, recreation and culture and it’s development in the NWT.
Tli Cho Director - Applicants must reside in the Tli Cho Region of the NWT as defined by ASCNWT bylaws.
Term: 3 Years starting January 1st, 2018.
- Volunteer position
- Meet by teleconference 6-8 times a year
- Meet twice a year for a 2-day face-to-face meeting (November & Spring/Summer)
- Will be asked to join certain committees or working groups that require additional conference calls and volunteer work
- Can take part in other activities to support ASCNWT
- Applicants must be residents of the NWT
- Applicants must be of indigenous ancestry as defined by the Aboriginal Sports Circle National body
- Previous volunteer experience considered an asset
- Experience in sport, recreation and cultural activities is considered an asset
- Experience with finance, board governance, policy and non-profit groups is considered an asset
- Ability to meet the time commitments of regularly attending board meetings
Please forward a statement of interest along with resume outlining any experience/education that could be an asset to the organization by December 7th, 2018.
Please contact the Executive Director to apply or for more information.