To be eligible to receive an ASCNWT scholarship an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Must be an indigenous NWT resident.
- Applicants must be going into second year or later of post-secondary studies and be in good standing with their educational institute.
- Preference will be given, but is not limited, to students who are pursuing an education in the following fields:
- Physical Education
- Sport Administration
- Business – related to or a minor in Sport/Recreation
- Indigenous Studies
- Education surrounded around bettering the lives of Indigenous people
Applicants must provide the following by August 31st of each calendar year:
- Online Application
- Personal Information
- Post-Secondary Information
- Volunteer Experience
- Sport/Recreation or Cultural Involvement
- An essay, outlining why you are pursuing your education and how you plan on improving the lives of indigenous people once completed your education.
- A copy of your post-secondary transcript from previous school year.
- 2 letters of reference.