Photo Credit: Sarah Pruys
We are now accepting applications for volunteer MISSION STAFF to attend the 2020 NAIG!
Deadline to apply is June 24, 2019. Click here to apply online.
Mission Staff are an integral part of Team NT. These volunteers ensure the effective and efficient operation of Team NT at the North American Indigenous Games - Pre, during, and post Games. The Mission Staff are assigned to several sports and provide a positive and productive team experience for the coaches, managers, and athletes.
Please don't hesitate to contact Team NT's Chef de Mission, Jordee Reid, for any questions or more information.
2020 NAIG MISSION STAFF RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Participate/Attend any planning meetings
2. Assist with equipment or other sorting, shipping and processing
At Games Responsibilities
1. Ensure that all “logistical details” for your designated sport(s)/assignments are sufficiently in place so that athletes and team officials can concentrate on their competition and experience at the Games.
2. Attend daily Mission Staff meetings
3. Support all NWT teams by attending competitions.
4. Preform mission deck duty as assigned.
5 Assist coaches and managers with administrative details and communicate to them all matters related to Games’ policies and procedures
6. Assist coach/manager with protest procedures if required.
7. Participate in disciplinary procedures where required.
8. Communicate all Team NWT functions to assigned sport on a daily basis (receptions, awards, etc.)
9. Handle any emergency situations arising.
10. Chaperone/supervise athletes’ social.
11. Participate in room checks at the Athletes’ Village.
12. Assist with travel.
13. Marshal athletes during Opening/Closing Ceremonies
14. Respond to requests in a timely manner.
15. Perform any other duties assigned by the Chef de Mission.
1. Attend a wrap-up meeting or conference call for evaluation.
2. Submit or voice recommendations.
3 Follow up on any matters with the sport resulting from the Games
4. Complete duties assigned by Chef de Mission