The Aboriginal Sports Circle NWT (ASCNWT) is a non-profit organization and a member of the Aboriginal Sports Circle national body. The organization develops community wellness through sport, recreation and cultural activities.
ASCNWT is currently accepting applications for upcoming vacancies within our Board of Directors. Interested applicants should have a passion for sport, recreation and culture and its development in the NWT.
Deh Cho Director – Applicants must reside in the Deh Cho Region of the NWT as defined in the ASCNWT bylaws
Term: 3 Years
Director At Large – Any resident from the NWT can apply for this position
Term: 3 Years
Deadline to Apply: June 18th, 2023
ASCNWT board of directors is a volunteer position. The Board meets by teleconference 6-8 times a year and then twice a year for a two-day face to face meeting, usually in November and Spring/Summer. Board members will be asked to join certain committees or working groups that will require additional conference calls and volunteer work. Aside from meetings, board members can take part in other activities to support the organization.
- Applicants must be residents of the NWT
- Applicants must be of indigenous ancestry as defined by the Aboriginal Sports Circle National body
- Previous volunteer experience considered an asset
- Experience in sport, recreation and cultural activities is considered an asset
- Experience with finance, board governance, policy and non-profit groups is considered an asset
- Ability to meet the time commitments of regularly attending board meetings
To apply please forward a statement of interest along with resume outlining any experience/education that could be an asset to the organization by June 18th, 2023
Please contact the Executive Director to apply or for more information.
To read a complete summary of the ASCNWT's constitution and by-laws please download the following the link:
ASCNWT's Constitutions and By-Laws